There are 5 certificates that the Master of Engineering degree program offers.
Bioinformatics Certificate: Three of the following four courses are required for completion:
- BIOE 480 - Introduction to Bioinformatics
- BIOE 439 - Biostatistics
- BIOE 483 - Molecular Modeling in Bioinformatics
- BIOE 582 - Computational Genomics
Electromagnetics Technology Certificate: Three courses are required for completion:
- ECE 401 - Quasi-Static Electric and Magnetic Fields
- ECE 423 - Electromagnetic Compatibility
And one of the following 2 courses:
- ECE 520 - Electromagnetic Field Theory
- ECE 527 - Optical Electronics
Engineering Law and Management Certificate: Three courses are required for completion:
- MEng 400 - Engineering Law
- MEng 401 - Engineering Management
- MEng 402 - Intellectual Property Law
Wireless Communications Technology Certificate: Three courses are required for completion:
- ECE 435 - Wireless Communication Networks
- ECE 535 - Advanced Wireless Communication Networks
- MEng 436 - Wireless Data
Disaster Management Certificate: Three of the following four courses are required for completion:
- ENGR 494 - Critical Infrastructure & Resource Protection Planning
- ENGR 494 - Disaster Response and Recovery Operations
- ENGR 494 - Environmental Risk Assessment and Management
- ENGR 494 - Foundations of Emergency Management and Continuity Programs
More Information about the Certificates
The cost of these courses is the same regardless of the student's location: $830.00 per credit hour, and since all of our courses are 4 credit hours, the cost of one course is $3,320.00 US.
Upon completion of the 3 courses, you will receive a Certificate of Completion. Should you wish to pursue your studies and apply to our Master of Engineering degree program, you will have to submit an application and an official copy of your undergraduate transcripts. Transcripts are not required when you apply to the certificate programs, but you must provide proof of a baccalaureate degree. And provided that you receive grades of A or B, you may transfer the 3 courses into the MEng program.
We follow the same schedule as the rest of the University; we offer courses in the Fall, Spring and Summer semesters.
If you are interested in applying to any of the certificate programs, click here